September 13, 2016

Forza Horizon 3 demo

Date played: September 12th
Platform: Xbox One

When I bought my Xbox One a couple of years ago, I bought it for two reasons; Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2. I was not disappointed. Now, Forza Horizon 3 is about to release and I couldn't be more excited! The game doesn't come out for another 2 weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the demo was available and downloaded it right away.

Forza Horizon 3 is set in Australia, complete with a brand new festival, new cars, new races and of course, new tracks. I'm fucking loving this game already! I drove the Lamborghini Centenario on the beautiful roads of Australia. I hopped into a souped up 4X4, jumping and crashing through the countryside. I raced a motherfucking helicopter through the forest in a dune buggy!

The game looks amazing, runs great and is just plain old fun. As opposed to most other racing games, there's usually not a set path for races. This is a big open world, and the winner of the race will be the one that best takes advantage of cutting through rough terrain and at creating some shortcuts.

There are gigantic jumps, insane powerslides, beach racing and all of it feels amazing. I simply can't wait to get my hands on this game in a few weeks!