August 31, 2016

Pokemon Yellow

Date played: August 30th
Platform: 3DS

Recently, my 6 year old daughter has been obsessed with Pokemon. She is watching the X & Y cartoon a lot, and has recently started playing Pokemon Y. Bottom line is, I've been watching a lot of Pokemon and helping her play the game a lot, so it made me want to play Pokemon!

I decided to buy Pokemon Yellow, since I've never played the first generation games and it was available on 3DS. The first thing I noticed is how old this game is... It's ugly and isn't very colorful. However, it's Pokemon as we all know and love.

The game begins with Ash getting his first Pokemon, a Pikachu. I made my way through the first couple of routes and villages and reached the first gym. Right now, my team is made up of Pikachu, Pidgeot, Sandshrew, Mankey, Butterfree and Rattata. The gym was hard though because at the time, I didn't have the the Mankey, Butterfree and Sandshrew...

The first gym is a fight against a rock/ground trainer, so Pikachu's electric attacks were useless. I eventually whittled down the enemy's Geodude and Onyx using Pidgeot and Metapod, but it was difficult. I love this game, it's simple, it's fun and I love leveling up my monsters.