August 25, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: August 23rd and 24th
Platform: PS4

I've had lots of ups and downs in the last two days of Overwatch. My best moments were spent with a couple of guys I randomly met in team chat. One of them was mainly playing Mercy, the other Soldier 76. The Mercy was really good, and he propelled our team to victory multiple times.

I did really well with both Winston and Reinhardt, including a crazy rush with Winston and a sick triple kill with Reinhardt. I also messed around with Mercy a bit, it's been a while since I played with her. I did pretty well, though I lost more than I would like overall.

One of my favorite maps in the game is Ilios. It's a capture map, meaning that both teams fight for control of a single point. The Greek town borders the Mediterranean. This map is bright and colorful, with bright blue and white buildings accenting the beautiful scenery.

As usual, there are 3 maps within this location, one for each round. My favorite of the three is fought on the edge of a ocean-side cliff inside the base of a lighthouse. This place is so much fun to fight in... The enclosed space makes this map perfect for short range heroes like Reaper and Roadhog. People can be thrown off the cliff also, creating opportunities for environmental kills. I love playing as Lucio, Winston and Zarya here.
The lighthouse point
The second map is kind of a large pit surrounded by pillars and a other ruins. The fighting is usually done at the bottom at the pit, making characters like Pharah and Junkrat very useful here. Reaper is also extremely dangerous here. I like to use Reinhardt, Lucio, Mercy and McCree here. Sometimes, I'll use Winston or Zarya also, but that depends on team composition.

The final map is one of the craziest in the game. The point has a huge well right in the middle of it, where heroes can fall to their deaths. Again, Lucio works wonders here, but even more than on other maps because when he's in trouble, he can wall ride inside the well, hiding from attackers. Reinhardt and Zarya are fun to play here also, and sometimes I'll even use Zenyatta, because there are some long sight lines on this map. D.Va and Roadhog are super dangerous here also, because they can often get environmental kills.

Ilios is always full of incredible action and last second victories, I love this map.