August 12, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: August 9th, 10th and 11th
Platform: PS4

I played a lot of Overwatch over the last few days, I even tried playing with Ana for a round, though it didn't go well at all. I teamed up with my brothers a few times too, so that was fun. I think it's time for me to talk about the Nepal map.

Set in the snowy peaks of Nepal, this control map is one of my favorites! Control maps ask that each team try to control a single point on the map, resulting in some insane action as everyone fights on the same spot. Nepal has three "maps", one for each round.

The first is one of the more iconic locations in the game, a control point that is set deep inside a temple, surrounded by bottomless pits and a deadly side room. Winston and Lucio are always my favorite heroes here because they are highly mobile, excel in close combat and can push people around, hopefully resulting in a couple of environmental kills.
Two of the three control points in Nepal

The second is a raised control point, surrounded by stairs. This one is a bit more open than the first, but combat is just as crazy because the whole point can be easily spammed with rockets from Pharah or grenades from Junkrat. Reaper loves this fucking map too. I like to play Zarya here because she can easily charge up her weapon and can melt people quickly when they attack the point.

The third is a weird one... The point is inside a small building, which has two entrances, one on each side. The teams come in hard from the front, but cannot enter combat on the point until they get inside from the side. This creates some rough fights on the sides of the point. I tend to like Zarya, Winston and Reinhardt here. Lucio always does well here too.

I find that control maps are the most interesting and fun type of match in Overwatch. This is where all the crazy overtime happens, this is where the insane kill streaks happen, this is where people all use their ultimates at the same time. Nepal is an awesome map.