August 27, 2016

No Man's Sky

Date played: August 26th and 27th
Platform: PC

I played a little bit of No Man's Sky in the last two days, exploring the solar system where the Atlas station is. So far, I've explored two planets and one moon, and all of them have been highly dangerous, but filled with goodies for me to pick up.

The two planets were both very hot, causing my exosuit's life support systems to be under heavy strain. I scrapped my suit's water breathing ability to replace it with heat absorption to facilitate exploration. It paid off too, because I found lots of gold and other valuable items to sell.
My daughter named this moon "Animaux Extraordinaires", in honor of it's amazing life forms.
The moon was one of the most interesting places I've been yet. It's kind of a rocky place with high levels of radiation, but it's very pretty and it's filled with interesting life forms, including some of the biggest creatures I've encountered in the game so far.

A few times, the game has just crashed on me though, so that's been frustrating... At this point, I think it might be something wrong with my computer, but it's hard to say. After I explore the last planet in this system, I'll move to a new solar system.