August 4, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: August 3rd
Platform: PS4

I had a fun night playing Overwatch last night. There's a special event happening to celebrate the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics! There's new skins, voice lines, sprays, emotes, highlight intros and victory poses that are Olympics themed. From the couple of loot boxes I received, I scored a new emote for Lucio where he plays with a soccer ball, a victory pose for Widowmaker where she holds a medal, and a few sprays. It's a cool idea to have seasonal events like this, I can't wait to see if they do something for Halloween!

I played pretty well overall last night, winning 9 and losing 3 matches, so that's good. It started off well with a victories as Reinhardt, Winston and Lucio. I also had a very fast win as Zarya on Hanamura where I got 8 kills and 0 deaths. I then tried using Symmetra on a king of the hill map, but honestly, I couldn't do well at all. I was targeted by a Reaper and it just wasn't going anywhere. I switched to McCree and did much better and we won, though my stats were kind of shitty.

I had two very bad losses after this... Once as Zarya and Lucio on Illios, the other as Reinhardt with my brother healing as Mercy. I don't know what went wrong, but holy shit we got our asses handed to us there. I got back to form with a fantastic match as Lucio on Lijiang Tower. I even managed to throw a few guys off the edge of the map when they attacked the point from the side door!

Finally, we had two incredible matches on Dorado, as both offense and defense. I played Reinhardt and my brother played Reaper. At first, I wasn't optimistic because we also had 2 Ana's, which sounds like an awful idea. However, it turns out, 2 skilled Ana's are very powerful. They kept the team healed up well, and were very good at timing their ultimates.
Ana's Nano-Boost is incredibly powerful
At one point while on defense, I rushed into a corner where lots of enemies were coming from, blocked them until my shield gave out, then got nano boosted by Ana. I ran into the fray and swung my hammer like a fucking madman and it worked very very well. We destroyed the enemy team on that play.

Later, while on offense, just as we were closing in on the final destination of the payload, the Ana's won us the game by boosting me at the last moment. I killed a Zenyatta, D.Va and Junkrat, winning the game! It felt amazing, and I love Ana's ultimate.