February 28, 2014

Call of Duty Ghosts

Date played: February 27th and 28th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

The Onslaught DLC pack is out with 4 new maps to kill each other in! The first thing that stands out is that these maps are smaller than the average Ghosts map by a large margin. This makes the battles fiercer, faster and makes it easier to be caught off guard. It also means the spawns have been pretty shitty so far.

Either way, I enjoyed all of them. Ignition is supposed to be "inspired" by Scrapyard, one of the better MW2 maps, but honestly, I didn't quite see it that way. I only played this map once, but it felt a lot larger than Scrapyard and has more vertical combat. It also had a large rocket blasting off which looked cool, but I need to play this one more to get a better feel for it.

Bayview is awesome, though I got killed by noob tubes quite a bit in this one. It's set on a nice boardwalk in California filled with tight buildings and a little moving trolley that players can ride. Those who do typically die pretty quickly.

Containment is probably my second favorite of the new maps. It has a central bridge where a large transport truck is parked. It emits radiation which disables electronics within it's range. There's a very cool looking church in the map, which I found was a good place for me to fight with the Ameli.
Fog is great
Finally, Fog is my favorite of the pack. In terms of combat, it's nothing very special. It's relatively small and has a lot of different paths, providing lots of flanking opportunities and close combat. What makes this map great is the amazing swamp setting and it's spooky atmosphere. There are bats, spiderwebs, fog (duh) and a couple of cabins that feel like they could be haunted.