February 11, 2014

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Date played: February 11th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

Sequence 7 has stranded me in Nassau. The red coats have set up a blockade of ships outside the village and are preventing any ships from leaving port. I started by doing my fleet stuff but I hit a wall. Some of the missions require 80 cargo space, but my best Man'O War only has 70. I'm really not sure how to get a bigger one, I'll probably have to look it up.

I then played three story missions. The first had me tail the Englishmen as they had a conversation with Vane, Rackham and the other dude whose name I forget. Eventually, they reached the town's fort, which I had to infiltrate in a fun platforming segment. I used stealth to make my way to the middle of the fort to steal some vital information as the men were discussing the blockade and the pardon.

Edward and Vane scheme together
In the next mission, Edward and Vane decided to move their operations to Edward's bay and villa. The first step was to get out of the blockade though, so we started formulating a plan. My job was to steal gun powder from nearby English camps. I basically just ran in, killed everyone and stole the gunpowder. As the mission concluded, we heard through the grapevine that the English Commodore was planning on destroying all the ships docked in Nassau very soon. That's where the third mission came in. Again, I had to tail a couple of officers to figure out where the Commodore was so that I could assassinate him. It turns out he was hiding on his ship, so I climbed on and killed him from the mast.