February 2, 2014

Call of Duty Ghosts

CRANKED!
Date played: January 31st and February 2nd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I decided to unlock all the camos for my trusted Ameli machine gun. This meant I had to create a new class without attachments. I took that opportunity to put on the perk that helps with hip fire. The three challenges I still needed to complete were kills without attachments, hip fire kills and leaning kills. I was surprisingly good at getting hip fire kills in Team Deathmatch. The Ameli is a two shot kill at close range so I would wait around busy corners and was quickly done with that task.

Leaning kills are a different story. On some maps, they are very easy to get, for example on Freight, where there are a lot of doors, buildings, and square corners. On something like Whiteout, there are fewer opportunities. I eventually got the camos which unlocked the golden one. I like it on the Ameli, it's loud and obnoxious, and a blingy camo seems like it fits the big gun.

Later, I played with some clan mates and we took the Cranked node. Cranked is a really weird mode, but I generally do well in it because of my aggressive play style. After you get a kill, a 30 second countdown begins and you don't get another kill before it expires, you explode and die. The trick is that fast kills aware more points towards victory, so it usually over in less than 5 minutes. It also helps that being "cranked" boosts your speed, reload time and aim down sights time. We captured the node and as of this writing, are still on track to win the war.