May 27, 2013

Fire Emblem Awakening

Validar
Date played: May 25th and 26th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through Chapters 23 and 24. Chapter 23 had Chrom and my dude stuck behind a barrier at the top of the map, facing Validar, the evil fuck from the first scene. The rest of the crew were below the barrier with a few dozen units to dispatch of their own. My team is very strong though so I had no problems at all getting it all over with. I'll spare this text the drama, but there were a lot of surprises in the story at this point. Needless to say, it all turned out in our favor.

Chapter 24 was set on a beautiful field against summoned beasts from the evil dragon or some other bullshit. This was a more interesting battle because of constant respawns from forts. I held out strong though and covered up all the key points with my flying units. Their mobility is really useful in every map... I also played six or seven random challenge battles, all very easy but letting me grind my way up slowly. I used second seals on a few of my units to let them level higher using a different class, or even the same class.