May 17, 2013

Fire Emblem Awakening

This is the biggest map yet
Date played: May 16th, 17th and 18th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 10/10

Whew, the story is getting heavier and heavier while the battles are getting lengthier! I played through Chapters 18 and 19, Paralogue 17 as well as a few random battles. Chapter 18 had me fight against one of Walhart's generals near a volcano. The map layout was interesting as well because different sections of the map would periodically turn to lava and hurt the units standing in the fire. It worked to my advantage since my units are pretty strong and managed to move forward quickly, leaving the fire to hurt only enemy units.

Chapter 19 was a fucking epic clash where we took down Walhart, or at least forced him to flee. This was a pretty normal battle except the map was gigantic and it was filled with a ton of high level units. I just stuck to my guns, paired up and played defensively while still moving forward. Eventually, I took the big red lobster down.

Paralogue 17 was one of the coolest levels yet. Tiki, aka The Voice, is performing some sort of dragon ritual. Our team has to protect her until her spell is complete. The trick is that there are a TON of reinforcements, almost all of them flying. They all go straight to Tiki so I had to build a defensive wall with my units around her so that she was completely out of range of any attacks. I didn't quite understand this the first time and got wiped pretty hard but on my second attempt, I just sat there, used rally a lot and waited for them to attack us. As a reward, Tiki has joined our team and has replaced Panne. Tiki is a Manakete, creatures that can turn into a powerful dragon.