May 13, 2013

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Date played: May 10th
You mean I need TWO of these???
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I got my good friend to try Black Ops 2 with me in multiplayer. We started with a little local 1 vs 1 game so he could get used to the controls. I helped him learn the basics like aiming down sights, creating a class, switching weapons, melee, etc. His accuracy was awful but navigating with two sticks wasn't a huge problem, which surprised me. The guy has never played a shooter with twin sticks and his last point of reference is Perfect Dark on N64 for fuck's sake. He was confused as hell about the radar and it's use, it was quite funny to watch.

We then played online and of course, he had a hard time but he also really enjoyed the firefights. His best game was a very respectable 5 kills and 5 deaths, pretty amazing for a newbie! I hope he gets interested in the series so I could play with him online.