May 13, 2013

Fire Emblem Awakening

Date played: May 12th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 10/10

I fucking love this game, but I also hate it. It's really hard to prevent everyone from dying in some of the later Paralogues... I played through Paralogue 10, but it took me three solid attempts to succeed. I kept losing Cordelia, my Dark Flier, because she was a bit too weak to take more than one hit. After two failed attempts, I kept her out of the main battle, paired everyone up and went again, this time, suffering no losses.

Severa is pretty cool
In the process, I saved a lady called Severa which turned out to be Cordelia's and Vaike's daughter. I haven't really used the children characters yet as I have a very solid team already but maybe I'll level them up later on and have a B team. I also fought an easy random battle after that.
I then tried to complete Paralogue 11 but after 40 minutes of tactical play, I lost Maribelle and called the night.