May 22, 2013

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Date played: May 21st, 22nd and 23rd
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, I finally caved and bought a map pack for Black Ops 2. I skipped the first one as they are really expensive, but I couldn't pass this one up since my friend was buying it at the same time and wanted to try it that same night. The maps I got to try were really cool. One of them had areas that were full of deadly lava. The best new map was Vertigo, a sort of futuristic sky building. There was also a concert venue that features a stage and lots of little nooks and crannies to hide in.
Firing Range has been renovated into Studio

Last but not least is the rebirth of an excellent map, Firing Range. This has to be one of my favorite COD maps ever made, no question. It's a good size, has lots of good spots for firefights of any range and is just fun overall. Plus, they changed the set up to look like an movie set or an amusement park. There are dinosaurs, UFO's and all sorts of funny things scattered around.

I then played with two friends, them in split screen in the living room and myself on a monitor nearby. One of the girls had never played a first person shooter so we set up a private room and helped her learn how to play. While there wasn't much action, it was really funny seeing her get stuck on walls and looking at her feet the whole time. We even went online with her where she wasn't able to get a kill. I also played a few rounds by myself but nothing special really happened.