May 15, 2013

Fire Emblem Awakening

Gerome is kind of a dick
Date played: May 14th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through three Paralogues back to back and recruited three new units along the way. It seems that Paralogue 10 was the toughest of them all since everything after it was a lot easier. Paralogue 11 had me trying to save some villagers from an onslaught of flying enemies. While I only managed to save two dudes, I also recruited Gerome, Cherche's and Lon'Qu's son who is also a flier. He's not just riding any old Wyvern though, he's riding Cherche's!

Paralogue 12 had me fighting on some weird cubes that made up the floor. This one was definitely one of the easier missions I've played in a while in the game. I saved Morgan who turns out is my character's and Lissa's daughter. Paralogue 13 was a lot more interesting, it gave me the option of joining one of two warring parties, a group of knights vs a group of horsemen. I first decided to help the horsemen but when I killed one of the units from the knights, I noticed that he was a Taguel, the weird rabbit morphing people. I figured, that must be Panne's and Virion's son, as she is the last known Taguel. I restarted the mission and this time fought against the horsemen. Sure enough, I was able to recruit the time travelling rat, Yarne.

I found that as I enter harder levels, pairing up is becoming more of a necessity than a bonus. I only have a handful of units that could really handle some of these tougher enemies on their own. I also play a bit more defensively by putting only one or two strong pairings within range of enemy units. They defend the initial attacks, killing many, then I let the weaker units take out the remaining attacking units. It's a bit slower but also very safe.