May 16, 2013

Fire Emblem Awakening

Date played: May 15th
I think I'll fight this dude sometime
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through Chapters 16 and 17 as well as a few random battles. Chapter 16 was really cool because it was set on enormous tree roots. The map was split into three roads so I sent three teams, each with a healer, a ranged unit and a physical fighter through each path. I sent two fliers to roam the empty space between the roads. The goal was just to make my way to the top and kill the boss but as I moved along, many reinforcements appeared from all sides. I made a dash for the boss, killed him swiftly and made it through the mission without fighting the reinforcements.

Chapter 17 was similar but this time, the enemies were a bit tougher to chew through. My strong team made quick work of the mission, though the stakes in the story are higher than ever. We are now attacking the enemy force head on, trying to find all the gemstones required to activate the titular Fire Emblem that will protect the world from evil....or something.