May 29, 2013

Civilization V

Ceasar fucked up
Date played: May 27th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

All roads lead to...Berlin? I started a random map with a random leader on the third difficulty level. It seems I underestimated the AI because I got run over by the Germans in no time. I played as Ceasar and the Romans. I set up shop on a large continent that was only populated by city-states and had passages to other large continents that housed the Chinese, German and a few others I didn't quite get to interact with. Montezuma and his Aztecs established their capital near Rome though. He seemed relatively weak in the early game so I went after him with Ballista's and Spearmen but their defenses were too good and I had to agree to peace (in exchange for a shit ton of gold of course).

Shortly after, I started building up my three city empire. All was well until Bismark, the German leader, decided to declare war. He brought in about 10 units which was enough to burn Rome to the ground. Maybe I'll stick to the easier difficulty next time.