February 27, 2012

Uncharted 3

Date played: February 27th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 180 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Whoa, amazing! I fought my way through the ship graveyard just to end up chasing a cruise ship where Nathan thinks Sully is imprisoned. Most of it was pretty standard third person shooting. It seems that this game has a lot of armored guys with shotguns running around and flanking. On multiple occasions, I got killed in one shot because I got flanked by these guys and it seems like they're a bit cheap sometimes.

After that, I pretty much sunk the cruise ship. It was a really cool sequence because as the mission progressed, the ship became more and more at risk of sinking. At one point, there were literally waves going from one side of the ship to the other. I even ended up running on the side of the ship and on walls and stuff.

I washed ashore and met up with Helena who got more info on Sully's location. We head out together to catch a cargo plane that was headed where we needed to be. We stormed the air base and Nate managed to jump onto the plane's landing gear and hijack the plane from the cargo bay. This being Uncharted, the fucking plane went down in flames because of Drake and there was even a short free falling sequence! I then landed stranded in the desert as seen in the trailers.
Ruins in the desert

This was one of the most bizarre sequences in a game as Drake was simply walking in the sand and the action was cut into short segments of a long journey. Either way, after braving the heat, the cold, the thirst and mirages, Nate reached a ruined city. I should also mention I had to turn off the 3D for a bit because of the sun outside my room making it difficult to see the screen properly.