February 9, 2012

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: February 8th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 180 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

Non-sense? Yes. Fun? Yes.
Wow, the Thieves Guild has an amazing quest line! I spent most of my time playing through it last night and it was really good. First, Mercer, a member of the guild, sent me to talk to an Argonian thief who has something to do with the sale of the honey farm Maven Black Briar was interested in. I did the Argonian some favors and he revealed that he was hired by someone called Karliah. When I informed Mercer, he brought me along to some ruins where he knew she would be hiding. We then went through a Draugr filled dungeon together. At the end of it, I was shot by an arrow (in the knee!) which poisoned me and left me lying on the floor while Mercer and Karliah were confronting each other.

Then to my surprise, Mercer tried to kill me! It turns out that Karliah had saved my life with the poisoned arrow and that Mercer was a thief and a liar. I then went back to the Thieves Guild to inform their leader that Karliah was innocent and Mercer was guilty. He even stole the guild treasury! I then visited his house to find clues. In the end, I was brought before a Daedric Princess by Karliah to which I pledged my soul in return for some luck.

It's all crazy but it was really fun. I now have to go kill Mercer and I will become leader of the guild after that. I also bought a house in Riften that's really nice.