February 25, 2012

Uncharted 3

Date played: February 24th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 75 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played Uncharted 3 in 3D for the first time today, or should I say Unchart3d? Lame puns aside, I actually had a good time playing this in 3D. I was skeptical at first because I had seen reports of lower quality graphics when using 3D but I have to say, I didn't notice anything like that. In fact, the game seems to look that much better because of the added depth.

Helena looks even better in 3D! Just look at those nice B cups...
On the flip side, there is a bit of ghosting when in darker areas but it wasn't that distracting. I continued the story. Helena, Drake and Sully adventured through a dungeon full of devious and fun puzzles. We then found some vital information that Drake decided not to write down, instead asking Sully to remember it. Good thing he did because shortly after leaving the dungeon, Nate got drugged by the crazy old blonde bitch. This led to a weird sequence where Drake runs around drugged. The perspective changes, the sounds are messed up Nate is difficult to control. It was ok I guess but it felt a little out of place.

When I woke up, the blonde bitch had stolen all my evidence except for what Sully is guarding in his brain. I then escaped and went through one of the coolest foot chases I've ever played. I was chasing one of her major henchmen. Unfortunately, he got away and I somehow ended up in a boat yard where I finally got to use my guns a bit. That's where I stopped playing.