February 8, 2012

Resident Evil Revelations

Date played: February 7th
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 20 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Resident Evil Revelations was released this week and while I had an eye on it for a while, I didn't know it was coming out until a few days ago. The reviews seemed positive and the game looks like a real RE game so I decided to buy it.

Jill's wet boobs look great in 3D
I only had time to play a little bit. It starts off with Jill Valentine and her new partner setting off to find Chris Redfield. It seems like they think he's on a big abandoned cruise ship, the Queen Zenonia. I explored the first area and it's clear that something really bad happened. There's blood everywhere and weird things crawling in the air ducts. I got attacked by a weird humanoid creature and killed it with my pistol and knife. Then the game just cut to a news report about a floating city that was attacked by creatures and chemicals. In the end, the city was destroyed just like Raccoon City. That's where I stopped playing.

The game gives a great first impression. The graphics are very good, looking better than anything on Wii and certainly better than anything I've seen on PSP and DS. It also controls well considering it's Resident Evil. The music is good and the sound effects are good (with headphones). The inventory seems a lot better than any other game in the series, it's easy to navigate, works with the touch screen and is just more user friendly. So far, the only part I don't like about the game is the voice acting. The sound quality is mediocre and the script is almost worst. I'm excited to play more though, looks like a good game so far.