February 3, 2012

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: February 2nd
Platform: PS3
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a Companion quest that had me go kill some witches and harvest their heads. Simple, fun, satisfying. When I got back to Whiterun though, the leader of the Companions was killed when the hold was attacked by the Silver Hand, the werewolf haters. To me, that looks like an opening for me to become leader but Skyrim doesn't seem to think that's a good idea. After the quest ended, of one the dudes told me we would take the fight to the Silver Hand but there was no new quest. I spoke to the guy a few times and everyone else in the building and the next quest never triggered. I even reloaded the game but to no avail.
Epic

I then decided to just move the main quest along and went to the big grey beard mountain to read the Elder Scroll. When I read it there was a super cool cut scene that showed me what happened when Alduin was banished the last time. I learned a new shout that calls dragons down from the sky and forces them to land which I suspect will be very useful in future dragon battles.

Then, to my surprise, I fought Alduin! I buffed up on a bunch of potions and just wailed into him. I got him to run away after a bit of slashing and dicing and now I have to find out where he went. I just hope I can continue the Companion quest line, not sure what happened there.