February 11, 2012

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Date played: February 10th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 35 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

I bought the Playstation 3D display! Normally, I would have never bought something like that but I was in the market for a PC monitor and at 24 inches and 1080p, the Playstation branded LED seemed like a good deal at 299$. It comes with only one pair of glasses so I bought a second pair. Thankfully, the package includes Motorstorm.
Sleek, sexy and affordable

I started by trying the much touted but barely supported Simulview feature. This allows two players to play together on the same screen...without split screen! My brother and I tried it out and it's really remarkable, it feels like something from the future hehe. Of course, when using this feature, it only allows 2D and being a small screen, we had to be pretty close to each other for us to be able to play but it really works well.

We then tried a few races from the campaign mode in 3D and not only did the 3D look amazing, the game is actually fun too! I had played the demo when it came out and hated it. However, I had a lot of fun with the final game. The cars were cool, the tracks are crazy and the controls feel better.