February 20, 2012

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: February 19th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, I've finished the main quest in Skyrim. It was really cool actually, after trapping Odahviing in Dragon's Reach, he agreed to help me defeat Alduin by flying me to his secret lair that has a portal to his location. It was one of the few cut scenes that took away control of my character and camera and it looked amazing as I flew on the big red dragon's back to fulfill my destiny.
Alduin was a fun fight

Then there was a large outdoor dungeon where I was attacked by a whole mob of strong Draugr and multiple dragons. It was really epic fighting these dragons while fending off the Draugr. Then I fought him. It was the best fight in the game as the background looked amazing, Alduin is a fucking badass, fireballs were dropping to the ground like rain and the music was truly epic. After that it was all kind of flat though, Alduin, I get teleported back to the Throat of the World and talk to Paathurnaax and his brothers.

I also did the Bard's College quest which was cool but short. There was a nice sequence that asked that I fill out parts of a book that weren't readable. I also started the Imperial VS Stormcloaks thing and cleared out a few Imperial forts and stuff. I should be able to finish this quest next time I play and that will be the end of Skyrim until DLC for me.