February 12, 2012

Motorstorm Apocalypse

I dodged a flying bus. Yep.
Date played: February 12th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a bit more of Motorstorm today...in 3D! Anyway, I showed the Simulview thing to my girlfriend and she wasn't really impressed, she didn't like having to wear the glasses. She did have fun though, driving a little compact car and crashing all over the place.

I then played a good half dozen events in the campaign. There are motion comics between races and while they aren't amazing or anything, they certainly add a bit of fun to the usual race after race bore of other racing games. The tracks are also really cool and have been changing on the fly during races. The campaign mode forces me to use a specific car but it's cool, it makes it easier to get used to the different types. I also spent a good 15 minutes customizing my cars. This game is much deeper than I expected and I haven't even tried the online modes yet. What a pleasant surprise Motorstorm has been so far.