February 7, 2012

NHL 12

Date played: February 6th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 50 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finally won a fucking game. It seems like I never win at this game but this time, I was a bit more patient and disciplined. I didn't take many dumb penalties as usual, I had more shots on net than usual and I've been using the poke check more effectively.

Cocaine only fucks up real Gomez, virtual Gomez is still clean
I played against my friend online and we started off with a Jets vs Oilers match. I won the game 1-0 playing as the Jets. It was a pretty nice goal from the point, a big slap shot that hit the far post and rebounded in. The next game we played Sens vs Habs and while I completely dominated, I lost 4-1. I outshot, outplayed and outhit my friend but he is much better than me when he gets close to my net. He's dangerous on offense but I can usually keep him out of the dangerous areas. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough although it was fun to see Gomez score for once. The last game was Habs vs Sens again and I lost 3-1 but I deserved to lose that one. I wasn't paying attention and made stupid mistakes. At least my goal was frustrating for him. Nick Foligno swooped in from the back of the net with the puck and Carey Price kicked it in himself!

I'm getting better at this game slowly but surely...I would just need more time to practice, something all these other great games have been stealing.