February 24, 2012

Motorstorm Apocalypse

I raced a tornado. A FUCKING TORNADO.
Date played: February 23rd
Platform: PS3
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Life after Skyrim... I didn't really want to get into a very involved game just yet, having just spent so much time with Skyrim, so I gave my 3D monitor another go with Motorstorm. I played a good chunk of the single player mode. The game is split into three characters, each with their own set of races and events. I completed the first character, Mash, and did about half of the second character.

Mash was pretty easy overall but the second guy is a bit tougher. The tracks are getting crazier too, many of them with crumbling buildings and even one track with a tornado and a hurricane! It's pretty epic. The game also handles much better than Pacific Rift, a game I wanted to love but couldn't. It's also worth noting that this game gives out trophies like candy. After almost every event, I get a bronze trophy. I should try this game online sometime.