February 6, 2012

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: February 4th and 5th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 360 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10


Skyrim is great but there is a price to it's greatness; bugs and glitches.

Whoa, I had quite a Skyrim marathon this weekend! I played so much that it will be difficult to talk about but I made some major progress in side quests and a bit of the main quest. Before I talk about that though, I have to talk about a major bug I ran into and cannot fix. Last time I played, I was going through the Companion quests and after completing one of them, I was supposed to receive the next quest but it was bugged and it never started. I kept on playing as usual and looked it up online the next day. To my great surprise, there was no way for me to get the quest unless I reloaded a previous save. Unfortunately, my last manual save was 15 hours ago, 7 levels ago so I just kind of said "Fuck it" and moved on. Hopefully, they will fix it in a patch so I can see the end of that story but I'm doubtful.

In my Skyrim weekend, I reunited a large dog with his evil Daedra prince statue, I rebuilt an old weapon that kicked off the Oblivion crisis (then killed the guy who asked for it), I found a few new words of power, I finally discovered Dawnstar and I even held a successful peace council between the Empire and the Stormcloaks. Whew! I am making major progress here and cutting down on exploration. I need to be done with this game before Mass Effect 3 comes out.