February 27, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo

Date played: February 27th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 4/10

After playing Skyrim for so long, another WRPG probably isn't a good idea. I tried Reckoning but it didn't really interest me. The combat is the best part of the demo with fast, easy to pull off combos and multiple weapons. It also has some decent magic and cool character designs. The game runs super well, has nice graphics and is smooth as butter.

However, the text is boring and there's too much of it, the quests I played were very generic and had almost no story. This game reminds me of what Fable was supposed to be in many ways. Unfortunately, that's not for me, at least not right now. At least I made a hot dark elf chick who's good with daggers, that counts for something fun right?