July 7, 2017

The Last Guardian

Date played: July 6th
Platform: PS4

I finally convinced my daughter to let me play The Last Guardian without her. She had showed interest initially, but never really got excited about it, so it's been sitting on my shelf for way too long. I didn't play very long, but enough to progress forward a little bit and see one very disturbing scene.

The first few sectors were pretty standard, regular navigation. I zapped a few barriers with Trico's lightning, I crawled through some tight spaces and used the beast as a stepladder. Kind of the usual stuff since the beginning of the game. Later, I found a big clearing, with lots of trees and open space. It was really nice, but there wasn't much to do there.
Trico can be scary...

Eventually, I reached a sort of metallic nest, something that was very scary to the animal. When I urged it to follow me, it came, but it became agitated. Then the weirdest thing happened... the beast swallowed me whole in an instant! I woke up later with my mirror shield gone and Trico chained to a post. I am really confused about what happened...

I freed Trico and continued onward as if nothing had happened. At one point, I had to get Trico to fight some statues that animated themselves to life! It was quite a sight to see the animal fight them... I got stuck after that, not finding a way forward and decided to stop playing.