July 9, 2017

Snake Pass

Date played: July 8th
Platform: Switch

I didn't get to play a lot of video games yesterday, but I still managed to play through a couple of levels of Snake Pass. The environments are getting more complex now, with more elaborate structures to climb. On the other hand, I'm getting a lot better at controlling Noodle. This is really what sets this game apart, and it's quite difficult to explain in words, but the control scheme is very unique. It took me a while to get used to, but now I'm starting to really "feel" it and I'm moving more naturally and I'm thinking less of the buttons.
Structures are getting more elaborate

That's a good thing too because the structures I'm climbing are a real bitch to climb. Some of them even have moving parts now, adding another layer of complexity. Water is also starting to take on a bigger role. In the last few levels, there were some deep pools of water. Noodle can swim pretty fast, and he can also dive. I had a lot of fun swimming around trying to find collectibles.

The optional collectibles are getting harder and harder to find also. I found absolutely everything in the first 4 levels, but now that I'm getting deeper, I'm not finding everything on the first run. I'm excited to see what the next world holds...