July 3, 2017

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Date played: July 2nd
Platform: PC

As I was trying to convince the goth kids to join the army, Stan's dad, Randy, asks for my help in proving that the activity at the mall is in NOT, in fact, the construction of a new Taco Bell. To get past the military guards, he showed me a new farting technique. This special fart can be remotely controlled and moved to any location on screen. When detonated, it attracts enemy attention. It's just like throwing a rock in Horizon, except it's a disgusting, wet fart.

This allowed me to sneak past the guards and investigate the crash site. I soon learned that there was a dangerous gas released by the ship, and that the plan is to completely destroy South Park to cover up the whole thing. It's all quite ridiculous, but it gets better. It turns out, the gas turns regular people in Nazi zombies. Yep. Plus, some of them got loose after I entered the crash site, so now there's Nazi zombies all over town. To make things even funnier, they use really old recordings of Nazi dialogue, and it's just so fucking hilarious!
Nazi zombies!

At this point, it was time to move the story forward for me. I had to choose between helping the elves, led by Kyle, or the humans, led by Cartman. I chose Cartman, mainly because that probably means he'll join my party as a wizard soon, but also because he welcomed me into his team with open arms. I felt like I owed the humans something, so I sided with them.

Meanwhile, the elves had barricaded themselves into the school, so we attacked with all our might. I fought countless elves in the school, but also, some of the gas got loose and the hall monitors are now Nazi zombies. I stopped playing after going through a good portion of the dungeon, but I feel like I'm close to the final standoff between the two factions. I even got to fight Stan and his dog in battle, which was lots of fun.