July 8, 2017

Boys, Beers and Bats

Date played: July 7th
Platform: PS4 / Switch

I spent the evening at one of my brother's house and we played video games all night. It started with a bit of Switch showcasing, as a lot of people there had never seen one in person. The guys tried out Snake Pass before moving on to proper multiplayer games.

First up was that great demo for Puyo Puyo Tetris. We had 3 controllers, so we played 3 player and had a ton of fun. One of the guys was particularly good at Tetris, and he won most matches.

The bulk of our evening was spent with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. One of the guys has a Switch at home, so he went to get his Pro controller and we got some 4 player action going. This was a lot of fun for everyone, though of course, there was the usual bitching about bad luck and such. We even tried out Battle Mode, which was cool, but not as fun as I would have hoped. The classic tracks were a huge hit since there were a few fans of Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii.

Finally, we played a little bit of Jackbox Party Pack 3. We did Trivia Murder Party and Fakin' It, but had way more fun with the latter. Everyone understood the game's rules, so it was fair. Still, the fakers got caught easily in most rounds. People were slow, bad at defending themselves and didn't have very good poker faces... Until it was my turn to fake it that is.

I fucking fooled these motherfuckers so well. I used my peripheral vision to anticipate where people would point, I kept redirecting the hate towards others and I kind of laid low. It worked beautifully. Only one person was suspecting me, but they couldn't convince the others to follow suit. I'm pretty proud of myself!