July 2, 2017

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Date played: July 1st
Platform: PC

I played another good chunk of The Stick of Truth, and lots of stuff happened. It all started with a really difficult battle against Al Gore. He begins with a speech on global warming, which puts my party asleep of course, then proceeds to put on a cape and attacks. After a couple of hits, he calls in a secret service squad and two of the guys have machine guns, which cannot be blocked. On my first attempt, I got my first game over screen. This guy hits hard as fuck. On my second try, I was more strategic with my attacks, particularly my mugging stuns. I was also a bit more liberal with my item use.

After I beat him, he ran away. I soon discovered that Manbearpig was none other than Al Gore himself! He has a bunch of armor, some stilts and some fur. He also behaves like you would imagine a Manbearpig would. That was another fun battle, though it was easier than the other.

I spent some time in the sewers, mainly to hunt for special animals for Jimbo. I ran into Mr. Hanky, the famous singing Christmas turd. He's literally a piece of shit. He needs my help to find his family of little turds, his wife and 3 kids. They were scattered throughout the sewers, so I fought a bunch of rats and hobos to find them.

To continue the story, I had to convince the goth kids at school to join Cartman's army. These guys don't like conformists though, so I had to change my appearance to match theirs. Of course. That meant finding some goth clothing, some cigarettes and some coffee. When I got the last item, I was attacked by the elves and taken to their fortress!
The Elven Kingdom

It turns out, the elves are run by Stan and Kyle, who had been conspicuously absent in the game so far. They say that Cartman is wrong, and that the Stick of Truth belongs to the elves. They end up trusting me and giving me some quests and support. Their camp has it's own weapon shop, so that's good. Stan and Jimmy are now available as combat companions. Jimmy is literally a bard, while Stan is a warrior. I took Stan because it complements my thief class well.

I did a bunch of other crazy shit, like fight Stan's mean big sister and help Mr. Mackey deal with his hoarding addiction. I'm leveling up a lot too, which gave me a few new abilities. I've been really trying to get a good equipment combination, as there's lots of room for experimentation with the game's weapon and armor mod system.