May 14, 2017

Jack Box Party Pack 3

Date played: May 13th
Platform: PS4

I watched the Sens win their first game against the Penguins in the NHL conference final with my brother and some friends last night. After the game, the 6 of us played Jack Box Party Pack 3 for a while. Trivia Murder Party was a good game to start with. I led the match the whole game with solid trivia answers, but I was beaten by a hair in the last round.

Tee K.O. was great too, with a few fantastic shirts produced by our group. However, the shirts we made last time I played were definitely funnier. Quiplash 2 is one of my favorite games, since we get to flex our creative writing muscles, but it's not for everyone. For example, my sister in law hated it because she isn't great at writing quickly. Still, some of the funniest shit comes out of this game.

The biggest hit of the night was Fakin' It. Finding the faker is a lot harder than it sounds, but the third round questions are great at identifying him. For example, we had a question that said "Raise your hand if you have brown eyes", which is pretty damn hard to fake. Bottom line, Jack Box Party Pack 3 feels like the future of social board games. It's a great way to play, and playing on our phones just makes it even easier.