May 29, 2017

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Date played: May 28th
Platform: PS4

To kill a few minutes before bed, I played juuuuuust a little bit of Day of the Tentacle. It's nice to have a relaxing and funny adventure game like this to play once in a while. Last night, I did a few things, but the most important was that I managed to power up both Hoagie's and Laverne's time travelling porta-potties.

Laverne had the best scenario, as she had to find a way for the dolled up mummy to win the human contest. The three categories are hair, smile and laugh. The first thing to do was to eliminate the best competitor by throwing fake barf on the floor next to her. The guards believe the human to be sick, so they disqualify her. Great!
My friend the inanimate mummy, shown here in the human contest of the tentacle people.
The fork that held up the spaghetti and meatballs wig on the mummy worked wonders and awed the judges. The horse dentures made for a nice, big smile. The judges discussed if whiteness mattered or not, since the mummy's teeth were disgustingly yellow, but in the end they decided that size was the most important factor. Finally, the robotic voice box stolen from the mutilated corpse of a balloon clown impressed the judges even more than the spaghetti wig! "Ha. Ha. Ha." the voice box emitted. Our mummy won the human contest!

I did other weird shit like this with Bernard and Hoagie. Hoagie's quest was a bit duller, but still, it had exploding cigars, smoke signals, a canary that doesn't need to feed turned into a smoke alarm, etc. All sorts of dumb, funny stuff.

The only thing left to do is find a crystal so that Bernard can power his time machine. I think I'm close now, since I know I have to get the contract signed, but I have to explore a bit more first.