May 9, 2017

Fast RMX

Date played: May 9th
Platform: Switch

Well, as I spent my time on a boring call at work today, I managed to complete a few Fast RMX championships. The last few cups were really cool, where many of the tracks are trickier, and most importantly, some of them are much longer tracks.

I struggled a few times, but eventually I placed at least 2nd in the last 3 cups. My favorite of the later tracks is set in a desert where there's a lot of areas that are more open than usual. It kind of reminded me of Wipeout Fusion, the ill-fated PS2 racer.
This desert track is fucking great!
Placing on the podium for all cups at the lowest speed was hard... Now I've got even harder events ahead of me thanks to the second speed class, Supersonic. I unlocked a new ship that has maximum acceleration and high boost, along with low weight. Sure, it's got pretty low top speed, but this thing has been a real success for me so far. Rochdale is now my favorite ship! I completed one cup at Supersonic speeds and placed 1st, but it was the easiest cup, so we'll see if I can handle the others!