October 26, 2013

Pokemon Y

Date played: October 25th and 26th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

After activating Lumiose city's power, I explored the new areas that opened up. This includes a hotel where I could make beds, find customer's lost items and work room service for money. I scored a few nice TM's, bought some supplies, talked to a bunch of people and even encountered a scary woman that appears to be some sort of ghost.
Lumiose City

I then completed the fifth gym. This was a lightning based gym where I had to answer a fun quiz to make my up the building's floors. The quiz showed me the silhouette of a pokemon. then I was given three possible answers. If I picked the right answer, that meant fighting only one battle, then moving to the next floor. When I got the wrong answer, that meant an extra battle. The gym leader had three strong lightning pokemon, but my Krookodile's Dig move made short work of the little creatures. After the battle, I met with Professor Sycamore again, who directed me to Route 14.

Before going forward, I paid a visit to the classy battle place where they call me Earl. I fought maybe 6 or 7 battles before running out of opponents. This is a good place to make cash... I then battled a few wild creatures on Route 14, catching everything I could along the way. Route 14 is very creepy, it's a sort of swamp area with weird people, a (fake) haunted house and an unsettling atmosphere. I didn't make it all the way through, I was too busy catching the new monsters. Adventure awaits once more!