October 23, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: October 21st
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I completed the Epsilon missions with Michael and yes, it got weirder than wearing weird robes for 10 straight days. I had gotten really bored of the nuclear waste retrieval, but I still managed to reach 19/30 collected, pretty good. This meant that Michael had a good amount of cash and had repaid the initial investment easily. I decided to really get in character, so I shaved his head, got him a goatee and pimped out his car to match the Epsilon colors. Combined with the random "Kifflom" and "Brother, brother" dialogue snippets, this really made it look like Michael was really into the Epsilon program.
I never expected to use these when playing GTA V

After the 10 days, I had a short mission where I had to simply fly a plane from one location to another. I accidentally flew over Fort Zancudo, but I somehow evaded the four star rating and landed the plane safely. I was then asked to walk 5 miles in the desert while wearing the robes. I wasn't about to do that for real, so I got a piece of pipe cleaner that my daughter had and strung it around the analog sticks so that Michael would walk in circles forever. I went for a cigarette, watched a couple of Quick Looks on Giant Bomb and after a while, I passed the mission.

To celebrate my membership, I was trusted to transport a large amount of money to a friendly helicopter. It wasn't long before I decided to steal the money and kill them all. It took me a few tries because the helicopter would fly up every time and I never found enough time to shoot it down without being killed. I changed my strategy to shooting the helicopter pilot first so that they couldn't take off and shot everyone else with the assault shotgun. I snagged 2.1 million dollars! To celebrate, I upgraded Trevor and Franklin's special cars with cool paint jobs and a bunch of performance and aesthetic upgrades.