October 10, 2013

Pocket Planes

Date played: October 9th and beyond!
Platform: Android
Session fun rating: 8/10

Well, this is the most fun I've had with a mobile game since Jurassic Park Builder, which I still play every day for a few minutes. Pocket Planes is another tap and wait game where the goal is to build a sprawling airline company. I started my adventure in Ottawa (creepy game) and have since expanded to include Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, Thunder Bay and even Goose Bay, in northern Quebec. I have about 9 planes to my name, most of them pretty small.

The objective is to transport both cargo and passengers to the different cities. Each plane has a different carrying capacity, weight, speed, range and class. Successful transport yields currency, that is then used to open new airports, buy new aircraft and upgrade existing aircraft. It's dumb, but the timing on this stuff makes the game extremely addictive. I love it!