October 14, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: October 13th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 3/10

What the fuck Rockstar?

What. The. Fuck?

I ran into a major glitch in the game. While Michael and Trevor were laying low after the last job, Franklin only had Lester's assassination mission available. There was also a green icon at Michael's house, which normally means there is a mission to complete there. However, when I drove Franklin there, there was no yellow area for me to trigger the mission start.

To resolve this, I first tried saving and reloading. When that didn't work, I tried sleeping multiple times in a row to advance time in the game, hoping for a new text message or email mission. That failed. I then looked online and this seems to be a widespread problem, though the specifics differ from user to user. One player posted on Rockar's forums, saying that when he took a cab from his house to the marker, it worked. I tried it and was finally able to start the mission. This is one of the worst glitches I've had in a game in a while. Skyrim had it's share, but it was never dangerous enough to threaten my entire save file...

The mission itself was pretty cool though. At the marker, the game switches to Trevor, who received a tip that a large cargo plane was transporting lots of weapons, so he jumps in a crop dusting plane and follows the large aircraft around. I had to stay below police radar for a while until I could crash my little plane into the back of the cargo plane. I then shot my way through it, avoiding Jeeps as they rolled off the edge of the plane. I took control of the behemoth, but was chased and shot down by two jet fighters... Trevor parachuted down to safety and now plans on retrieving the weapons from the crash site.