October 6, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: October 5th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 10/10

I completed the smuggling missions with Trevor, or at least I've done each of the different types at least once. My contact even installed a carpet bombing system on the plane, which I used to take out some dealers who had taken over my airfield. Trevor then met up with Nigel again. It turns out the kidnapping didn't go so well, the victim is refusing to eat. Nigel asks that it be "taken care of" by Trevor. Man in trunk, I headed for the train tracks...but the star's pleading got to me and I let him go along the way, rewarding me with 10 000$.

Michael had his share of troubles... Amanda's friendly yoga coach coaxed Michael into trying yoga with him. I then played one of the funniest mini-games yet to perform yoga. It felt like something right out of a David Cage game. When things got a little too sexual for our hero, he attacked the coach and that's when Amanda bailed out. Michael then hangs out with his son, which turned into a weed run. On the road back home, he gets high and can't handle his buzz where his son ungratefully pushes him out of the car, leaving him stoned on the pavement. Michael then hallucinated more aliens, this time, abducting him to their UFO and dropping him out of the air. He then woke up in his underwear and pathetically biked home, still half high. The cherry on the cake was the letter on the counter. Amanda and the kids moved out until Michael gets better, leaving him depressed and angry. Oh yeah and his son stole his car. Shitty day.

On the next mission, the three protagonists are finally brought together by the awful, blackmailing FIB. We were tasked with retrieving a witness from the FIB building. This meant Trevor flying a helicopter, Franklin offering sniper support and Michael rappelling down the building's side, crashing through the window and grabbing the guy. This mission was great because I could switch between characters at will. I used Franklin to clear out the building with his sniper rifle and to take out one of the chasing helicopters. It wasn't long after our successful recovery that we were forced to come back and do more of the sinister FIB agent's doing though.
Kick ass.

I played the now internet-famous torture scene. Trevor was asked to get information from a guy while Michael used it to find the target. This was a bit of a weird scene because I got to pick the tools used to torture the man. A water jug, pliers, a hammer and some jumper cables. It was awful... Michael found the target and shot him. Thankfully, Trevor has enough heart to save the man after the torture. Instead of killing him as instructed, he gave him a ride to the airport.

I then did a couple of side missions as Franklin. He took some pictures of a pop star being arrested for a DUI and of another famous person buying drugs for our paparazzi friend. He also helped recover some drugs from stashed cars for the guy who is trying to legalize it. Trevor also met this guy, smoked up and hallucinated some clowns, which he shot. Last but not least, I decided to roam around a bit and found a lady about to be buried alive. When I drove her back home after killing her two attackers, she rewarded me with a solid 60 000$. Oh yeah and I stole a jumbo jet from the airport for fun.