October 18, 2013

Pokemon Y

Date played: October 17th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I made some good progress, though I'm quickly realizing that my main Pokemon are a bit over-leveled. Two of them are now level 31 and I haven't received my second badge yet, which means that I could theoretically lose control of them during battle. I swapped out Pikachu and replaced him with a Helioptile that I received through Wonder Trade. That thing is so cool, I spent a bunch of time catching some monsters to trade them with a random person, then I trade until I get something new. Then I catch another monster to trade! It's a fun feature.

Helioptile is awesome!
I also swapped out Roselia and replaced her with Ralts, which has evolved into Kirlia. She's a psychic fairy, which rounds out my team pretty well. I've also decided to drop Pancham to replace him with Sandile, a ground, rock type that looks like a crocodile. I think I have more versatility now, but I have to level up my three new members a bit more before they are really useful. I went through a large cave, searching for a fossil. There were lots of rock pokemon in there. Then I got a fishing rod on the beach, fought half a dozen Luvdisc's and headed to the next town where I stopped playing.