October 8, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: October 7th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

Golf, tennis, a booty call, masks and an assassination. For the upcoming heist, I bought some funky masks. Trevor got a monster head, Franklin a festively colored mask and Michael a red hockey mask. GTA V has a 100% checklist that is easily accessible on Rockstar Social Club and it's strangely compelling to complete. That's when my GTA V sports adventure began!

Michael first called up Franklin to play a round of golf. The 9 hole course is surprisingly detailed and the mechanics are pretty damn impressive. It plays like almost every golf video game I've played in my life. It has different shot types, spins, all the clubs and a little meter for power and such. There's even a wind meter! I took my time, using the golf cart and everything. For the first two or three holes, we played during a large storm. Franklin sucks at golf and he shows it with colorful language throughout. I played 2 under par, pretty good for a first run. After dropping off Michael, I gave Trevor a call for some tennis. I won the set easily but it was worth playing just to see Trevor's old school tennis outfit. Franklin ended the festivities with a visit to the strip club, got Juliet to like him enough and managed to go back to her place for some dirty action.
Golf was fun!

Before moving on to the heist, I had to complete an assassination mission for Lester as Franklin. This is one of the missions with major profit potential. I admit, I looked it up first, so I invested tons of money in Betta pharmaceuticals which was primed for a better price after killing the competition's CEO. I got to a parking garage overlooking the hotel the target was staying at, grabbed my sniper rifle and shot him in the head when he came out. I then ran away from the cops and sold all my shares. Franklin now has a little over 160k while Trevor and Michael are over 300k. The heist is next.