October 29, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: October 27th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finished GTA V's single player mode.

After finishing the main story, I completed Lester's remaining assassination missions, playing the stock market accordingly with my huge amounts of money from the last heist. The missions themselves weren't anything special, it was always about killing a guy or two, but the money was real nice. All of my characters ended up with over 1.5 billion dollars, enough to buy all the properties in the game, which I did. The best one is by far Los Santos Customs for Franklin as he can get all the car upgrades for free.
Los Santos Customs is a fun property to own!

I also played a mission as Trevor, where his mother shows up unexpectedly, asking him to prove his worth as a child by stealing a van of drugs for her... It was simple, but quite funny.

GTA V is an amazing game that deserves every little bit of praise it got from gamers around the world. The only thing that could have been better is the performance of the game itself and the resolution. I imagine the inevitable PC release will be the best way to play that game.