October 12, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: October 11th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a quick mission where Franklin had to steal another fancy car, this time from a Hollywood movie set. I sneaked in using a stunt man's costume, got in the car and drove off. Unfortunately, the passenger seat was occupied by a snotty actress who thought it would be smart to get her hands on the steering wheel as I was driving away, jerking the car around. I soon found out that this was a stunt car, loaded with spike strips. I lured the cops into an alley and dropped the spikes, knocking out three police cars in one shot. As I was running away, I pressed a big red button that dramatically ejected my annoying passenger into the sky. Oops.
Franklin is moving up the food chain!

It's really nice playing a good old fashioned car theft mission, matching the game's title. I spent the rest of my time fucking around the city. I explored many areas of the map I hadn't been to yet, though I didn't really find anything unique. I accidentally flew over fort Zancudo where I was promptly shot down by a jet. I then went on a sort of improvised rampage off the west coast of Blaine County. I boarded a large sailing ship, equipped my light machine gun and dropped police helicopters and boats until I was overwhelmed. It was really fun to do, even if it was completely pointless. I topped off my evening by making a crazy looking custom car. I stole the oldest looking car I could find, some old boat-thing in Sandy Shores, and pimped it out with a light pink paint job, a turbo, some fancy headlights and wheels with dollar signs on them. Yep, fucking gangster.