October 21, 2013

Pokemon Y

Krookodile is badass!
Date played: October 20th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I made it to the fourth gym and completed it, netting me another badge. The gym was Grass based, so my powerful Blaziken completely destroyed any creature they put in my way, including the gym leader. My Krokorok evolved into a Krookodile and is a lot more useful than before. Almost all my crew is sitting between levels 42-47, so I'm closing the gap on the weaker pokemon I raised. I now have to a nearby power plant that is the reason Lumiose city isn't opened up completely.

I scored the Fly move, which allows for fast travel between pokemon centers. I thought it to one of my throwaway flying pokemon since I can just switch out every time I want to travel. I went back to the fancy manor that gave me the Viscount title and worked my way up to Earl. This is a good place to make money and exp so far, though I'm not quite sure if there's more to it than that. I also fought my girlfriend in a link battle again and for the first time, I won. Surf was the move that turned it all around for me as it took care of her strong Fire monster early on.