October 30, 2011

Resident Evil 5

Date played: October 29th and 30th
Platform: PC
Time played: 260 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10


I played a LOT of Resident Evil 5 in the last two days. I fought through some ruins where some bad guys were using some sort of lens to create beams of fire and block my path. It was cool, but it was nothing compared to the discovery that Umbrella was involved with TriCell. I knew they would find a way to get Umbrella in there!

Jill and Wesker, chillin'.
I found zombie flowers, lickers (the best RE enemy if you ask me) and a whole underground lab full of spooky things and weird experiments. There was a lot of walking down a corridor, shooting dudes, then moving on to a little puzzle. There was also a few boss fights. One of them had me fight a huge creature on a rotating platform. I had to shoot it's legs to make it fall down then shoot it in the mouth with a shotgun.

The second boss was more interesting. It was Orobouros or something and I had to shoot it's limbs then grab a flame thrower from a wall to butn it down when it's limbs were regenerating. It was pretty difficult, I died twice but then I kind of got into the groove and beat it.

Then I finally hit a major plot point. Wesker is there AND he's been working with Jill Valentine! What the fuck? Either way, I stopped playing at that point but next time I play, I have to fight them.