October 11, 2011

NHL 11

You can't do THAT in NHL 11
Date played: October 10th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

Man, it's crazy how many improvements have been made to NHL 12 without me ever noticing.... I played two online matches and lost both but again, dominated in shots on goal.  I just can't seem to put the damn puck in the net.  I actually only had one goal and boy, it was a beauty, a cross-crease pass followed by a top wrist shot.

The physics system is probably the biggest change that I overlooked.  The collisions, checks and board play is very different simply because the players react in a more natural way.  The animations are better in 12 too.  As are the commentators and even the music.  I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy NHL 12, 11 just feels so outdated already...