October 17, 2011

NBA Jam On Fire Edition

Date played: October 16th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 20 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I didn't play the disc based version of NBA Jam that came out last year so I didn't really know what to expect.  I did play a lot of NBA Jam when I was a child, I must have been about 10 or 11 years old at the time.  To me, NBA Jam is all about fast action, funny looking characters, a dumb commentator, choppy postage stamp sized FMV and amazing dunks.
As usual, Lebron is a BEAST

2011's NBA Jam is all of that, minus the FMV.  I played two matches against my brother and I won the first one, he won the second.  Then, to my surprise, my girlfriend joined us and we did three more matches.  Me and her against my brother, me against them and lastly, her against me and my brother.  Every time, the team that lost was the team with two players.  It makes sense right?  When there is an AI playing, it's easier to coordinate as it seems the AI always knows where to be.  When it's a human, we welcome human error to the equation.

I like this game, it's silly, simple and fun.  I just wouldn't want to play it alone.